3 Cozy, Plant-Based Fall Drinks to Enjoy This Season
The cozy, all-things-pumpkin season is here!
We can’t wait to enjoy some of the classic drinks that fall brings with its cool, crisp air. To help you welcome the holiday season sustainably, we’re recreating your favorite fall drinks using plant-based ingredients. These recipes are crafted to be easy on your taste buds and on our planet.
These are our favorite vegan fall drinks:
1. The Best Vegan Pumpkin Latte
Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin latte? It’s a fall favorite! This recipe is as flavorful and aromatic as the classic one but with a richer texture (thank you, creamy oat milk). Plus, it’s healthier than some of the lattes at coffee shops which come loaded with sugar. A guilty pleasure without the guilt.
To recreate this cozy, plant-based pumpkin latte you’ll need:
1. ½ a cup of oat or coconut milk
2. ½ a cup of your favorite coffee (brewed) or a shot of espresso
3. 3 tbsp. of pumpkin puree. Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling
4. 1 tsp of 100% maple syrup
5. A pinch of turmeric (for a brighter, picture-perfect color)
6. ½ a tsp of cinnamon
7. ½ a tsp of cardamom
8. ½ a tsp of nutmeg
Add all the ingredients to a pot over medium heat. Do not boil. Using a whisk, blend all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. If you have an electric milk foamer you can use it too. Once all the ingredients are blended together, serve in a mug, and enjoy.
For a sweeter, desert-like add-on, serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
2. Cuddle Up With a Spiced, Plant-Based Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate is a holiday season favorite— and for good reason— it tastes amazing while giving you immediate, warming comfort. And today we’re sharing a recipe to craft the richest hot chocolate you’ve ever tasted with a little pinch of spice to keep things interesting.
To craft this rich, smooth hot chocolate you’ll need:
1. 1 cup of oat or cashew milk (any plant-based milk works!)
2. 1 tbsp. of cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
3. ½ teaspoon of cornstarch or arrowroot powder (optional— gives you a thicker hot chocolate)
4. 3 tbsp. of coconut sugar or brown sugar
5. ½ tsp ground allspice
6. ½ tsp vanilla extract
7. ⅛ tsp ginger powder
8. 1 tsp molasses
9. ½ tsp pinch ground cardamom
10. A pinch of ground cloves
11. Marshmallows (optional)
12. Want extra spice? Add a dash of cayenne pepper!
Add the milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil. While the milk boils, add all the dry ingredients to a bowl (except the cornstarch) and mix them very well. In a separate bowl add the cornstarch and mix it with 2 tbsp. of plant-based milk.
Once the milk begins to boil reduce the heat and add the cornstarch/milk mixture and the dry ingredients to the saucepan. Then add the vanilla and molasses and whisk for a couple of minutes.
Once all the ingredients are blended together, sprinkle a few marshmallows, serve, and enjoy!
3. A Fall-Inspired Apple Cider
One of the staples of fall— a crisp apple cider. This recipe is aromatic, warming, and really easy to make. Perfect for family reunions or to enjoy on a chilly Sunday afternoon. However you like to enjoy your fall drinks, this recipe is set to be a favorite!
To make this warming apple cider you’ll need:
1. 1 ½ cups of unfiltered, organic apple juice
2. ¾ cup of water
3. ½ lemon, juiced
4. 1-2 tbsp. of 100% maple syrup (make it as sweet as you like!)
5. ½ tsp of ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
6. 2 inches of fresh ginger cut into slices
7. ½ tsp of ground ginger
8. 5 whole cloves
8. 1 pinch of salt and black pepper
10. 1 ounce of bourbon (optional)
Add all the ingredients (except the bourbon) to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Turn the heat off and add the bourbon. Stir and once all the flavors have been incorporated, run the mixture through a strainer. Serve and enjoy!
The best part about this delicious apple cider is that you can enjoy it hot or cold.
3 Tips to Keep Your Fall Drinks Sustainable
With the holiday season around the corner, it’s perfectly normal to crave fall-inspired drinks. And we’re not trying to stop you from getting them! If you already tried our recipes and you want to be pampered with a fall drink by your favorite coffee shop— do it sustainably.
These are 3 ways to be eco-conscious when getting your favorite fall drinks:
1. Choose a plant-based option. Most coffee shops have vegan alternatives for their drinks. Ask your barista to use plant-based ingredients for your favorite drink!
2. Visit a local coffee shop instead of big chains. This helps in boosting your community’s economy and reduces your carbon footprint.
3. Bring your own cup, lid, and straw. What better way to reduce waste than not creating any in the first place? Always bring your own cup and ditch the single-use plastic. Small actions have a huge impact—especially when it comes to waste. Plus, many coffee shops give you discounts for bringing your own cup!
Waste Less— GoSili!
Ready to ditch single-use plastic? Our reusable silicone cups are the perfect way to begin your sustainable living journey. Choose from the different colors, sizes, and designs, and mix & match your favorites!
Our cups are crafted with 100% platinum silicone. They’re highly durable and endlessly reusable. Plus, the patented steel ring keeps it from collapsing when gripped.
Shop for your new favorite silicone cup here.
Did you recreate any of our plant-based fall drinks? Share a picture on Instagram and tag us or leave it in the comments below!